I found a list of 99 things, and I will be bolding the ones I’ve done and explaining a bit about each. Because I have a tendency to yammer on, I am doing 5 of the 99 at a time. (Again, if anyone reading was involved in any of these, feel free to add facts or correct my memory… and I’ll keep looking for photos.)
#1 through#5 are here.
#6 through #10 are here.
11. Bungee jumped – Oh, good Lord, no. Enough said.
12. Visited Paris – Yes, indeed. Very briefly in 1991, a bit more in 1993, once again in 1997, and most recently last summer (2012). This past visit was wonderful. We visited our friend Delphine, toured the city on bikes, stayed in a sweet little studio apartment, visited a flea market… We were there for nine days, and I felt that I could have stayed the whole summer. One of our favorite things was a Tim Burton Exhibition at the Cinémathèque française. It had just had a successful run at the MOMA in New York City and was absolutely fantastic. My favorite things were his childhood sketches and art school sketchbooks. Very crazy… very cool.
13. Watched a thunder and lightning storm – Oooh, yes. We were visiting our friends in Ashland a few years ago when this incredible summer storm started up. We all poured out into their backyard to watch. I think one of the kids actually filmed it – it was amazing.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch – Is this a specific art? I’m confused. I mean, I taught myself drawing, but that’s nothing to brag about, because I draw badly. So I’m gonna have to say no… but thanks. (Bonus points for naming that Friends episode!)
15. Adopted a child – *sigh* No, I have not. I would love to. It’s like a physical ache, this desire to have another child. At this stage of my life, at least, it’s not going to happen. I’ll have to wait to enjoy my grandchildren.
Score: 9 out of 15. I’m slowing down after a promising start!