NaBloPoMo Day 2
I found a list of 99 things, and I will be bolding the ones I’ve done and explaining a bit about each. Because I have a tendency to yammer on, I am doing 5 of the 99 at a time. (Again, if anyone reading was involved in any of these, feel free to add facts or correct my memory… and I’ll keep looking for photos.)
#1 through #5 are here.
#6 through #10 are here.
#11 through #15 are here.
#16 through #20 are here.
#21 through #25 are here.
26. Gone skinny dipping – Nope. Once upon a time, I went on a weekend campout with my after-college boyfriend, his housemates, and all their girlfriends. At one point, all the women decided to go skinny dipping in the lake – all except me. I simply could not bring myself to do it. Looking back, I’ve always figured that if I didn’t skinny dip then, when I was 23 and weighed 118 lbs, I probably never would!
27. Run a marathon – Ha! I mean, no… No, I haven’t. Yet. (I haven’t run a mile yet, let alone 26.2 of ’em.)
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice – Oh, yes. I’ve only ridden a gondola once, though I have been to Venice a number of times, This is the kind of expensive thing that we will only splurge on a single time, so I have ridden the much-cheaper water taxi far more often. (I have to track down a picture for you. Of course, it will have been before the advent of digital photography, so I will have to find a photo and scan it, which means it will be some time before I get one up here.)
29. Seen a total eclipse – What?! I was told you can’t look at a total eclipse or you’ll go blind. That was back in sixth grade, I think, when there was going to be a total eclipse and we were making some kind of paper-cup contraption that would help you look at it (more) safely. I was too freaked out to even try. I have, however, seen the Total Eclipse of the Heart literal video, which I consider second only to Take On Me in the literal video genre.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset – I’ve watched many a sunset, happily… and the occasional sunrise, far less happily. I am definitely a night owl, and waking up before the sun comes up is never a pleasure for me, no matter how early I have gone to bed the night before.
Score so far: 16 out of 30. I need to pull this up!
Please note – this is technically going up on the 3rd, not the 2nd, because I manually posted it past midnight. This was because we had friends over – hooray! – so that’s okay… and I haven’t gone to bed yet, which means it is technically still today, right? I’ll still be posting my official post of the 3rd for NaBloPoMo purposes, don’t worry!