NaBloPoMo Day 10
I found a list of 99 things, and I will be bolding the ones I’ve done and explaining a bit about each. Because I have a tendency to yammer on, I am doing 5 of the 99 at a time.
31. Hit a home run – Uh, no. I played one season of softball, which went down in history as my only foray into organized sports. I was in 6th grade, and I was assigned to a team that did not want me, because I had no skills, no experience, and no aptitude. I was put into right field for the mandatory minimum number of innings, and everyone held their breath while I was out there. As far as I recall, they had a designated hitter hit for me.
32. Been on a cruise – Never. This is a dream of mine, because I like the idea of moving from place to place without having to move to new lodgings (something that got old after 6 months in Europe where we moved every 1-3 weeks). The all-expenses-paid gig seems pretty good as well.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person – No, not from a viewpoint or the inside of a barrel.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors – I’ve visited my dad’s birthplace! That hardly counts, though, since he was born in Long Beach, CA, just up Pacific Coast Highway from where I grew up in Huntington Beach. I’ve been to Ireland, and I know I have loads of Irish ancestors on my dad’s side, but I haven’t done enough genealogical research to know where any of them were born. My mom’s parents were from Australia and the Philippines, where I’ve never traveled.
35. Seen an Amish community – I am striking out right and left today! I have never been to an Amish area, though I’d certainly love to do so someday.
Score: 16 out of 35. Not only am I not improving, I’m falling deeper into the pit! Ah, well… a few more things for my bucket list.