I found a list of 99 things, and I will be bolding the ones I’ve done and explaining a bit about each. Because I have a tendency to yammer on, I am doing 5 of the 99 at a time. (Again, if anyone reading was involved in any of these, feel free to add facts or correct my memory… and I’ll keep looking for photos.)
- #1 through #5 are here.
- #6 through #10 are here.
- #11 through #15 are here.
- #16 through #20 are here.
- #21 through #25 are here.
- #26 through #30 are here.
- #31 through #35 are here.
- #36 through #40 are here.
41. Sung karaoke – Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! I love to sing. Depending on whom you ask, I’m either a decent singer (some people in Ireland) or I can’t sing well at all (my Aunt Roseanne). Regardless, I love to sing… and I think karaoke is awesome. I even have a “signature” karaoke song: Different Drum by the Stone Poneys. I sound nothing like Linda Ronstadt, but I can do pretty well. I once sang it on stage in front of a bunch of people at the Bagdad Theater here in Portland, when our friend Chuck rented it out for New Years Eve 2000. I may not even have been drinking.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt – No. I’ve never been to Yellowstone.
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant – Not at a restaurant, but I once spent an entertaining afternoon with a homeless kid who wanted to charge his cell phone in the church office during our spaghetti dinner. We talked for ages about his journey from Florida to Portland and how he’d come to be on the road. At the end of the day, I invited him to eat with our family at the spaghetti dinner.
44. Visited Africa – Never have.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight – Many times. I grew up barely a mile from the beach in Southern California, and I’ve been to loads of beach parties and 4th-of-July fireworks and grunion runs and late-night visits at the end of dates.
Score: 21 out of 45. Almost 50%!