You may wonder what shenanigans I’m up to when there is a long gap between posts. More often than not, the answer is simple: more of the same. I’ve been feeling like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day, reliving the same days over and over.
- More fatigue and spending time in bed? Check.
- Lots of photos of my pets taken from my bed? Check.
- Not enough time with my friends and family? Check.
- More need for home organization? Check.
- Not enough home-cooked meals? Check.
- More time management schemes attempted? Check.
- Need to get on a better sleep routine? Check.
- Addicted to reading Jane Austen fan fiction on my phone? Check.
On and on it goes, ad infinitum. This state of affairs tends to hamstring my motivation to write, since I figure nobody wants to hear me endlessly repeating myself.
I can only hope that, like Phil (Bill Murray’s character in the film), I’m incrementally improving at each of these things, and that someday I won’t need to keep coming back to the same lessons over and over. Someday, I’ll get it right.
(Don’t worry – I know that I won’t ever get everything just right. I’m perfectionistic, I admit, but not delusional. Usually.)